Let It Rain, Let It Rain, Let It Rain!

Rain on Highway 92, 12.10.15, photo credit likeitiz

Rain on Highway 92, 12.10.15, photo credit likeitiz

Alas! Welcome, welcome, welcome rain! It looks miserable all right. But boy, it’s a welcome sight for all of us here in California. You can see the sun struggling to peek out of thick clouds as it slowly meets the horizon late afternoon. The entire Peninsula was a white haze in the distance as we approached westward from the San Mateo Bridge.  One can only hope that drivers will behave and re-learn how to drive in treacherous weather.

Yes, the gloomy weather cheers us up in the Bay Area nowadays. However, as I drive home, my consciousness is jarred by news of yet another Trump antic. Sigh! When will I stop hearing about this contemptible schmuck?  (Listen, KQED. I love you dearly. But you have got to stop dishing out news about him. I’m so sick of hearing about whatever insanity he spews while flailing his limbs. Quite frankly, he’s embarrassing all of us.) Here are Colbert and Stewart bending over backwards to trash him again and again on the Late Show:

Why America spends even a second of their time listening, watching, bothering with him continues to amaze me. Why the media gives him the very things he wants: air time, media time, pundit time, talk time — beats me. It’s like giving candy to a baby every time he has a tantrum. Will the tantrum ever go away? No. Will this baby ever learn to behave in a civilized society? No. Are we creating a monster? Yes. Well, not if he’s already one. We’re just making him into an Uber-monster.

I remind myself that there’s still a lot to be grateful for. Good health. Loving family. Great friends. After all, Thanksgiving was just a mere two weeks ago.

Thanksgiving at our home, 2015, photo credits Gean Dee, Lara Ortiz-Luis, Wyatt Roy, Likeitiz

And then, there was Carolyn Hax’s article today on “Finding a happy medium with a mentally ill family member.” Now THIS is sound sensible advice. Here she gives gentle and reassuring advice on what to do with a mentally ill relative who always manages to sabotage any family gathering and turn it into a verbal mudslinging fest within seconds of sitting down to dinner. She likens the process to dealing with people who have dementia:

The thought is for now, and it’s actually a twist on a strategy for dementia caregivers, “meeting people where they are,” meaning, you don’t point out that Uncle Billy isn’t actually here, or that it’s 2015, not 1965. You don’t correct, correct, correct. Instead you go along. “So what does Uncle Billy have to say?”

She is so absolutely right. (Click the link above for the entire article. It will help you deal with irate store sales staff during the holidays too!) I plan to treat The Donald as nothing less than a demented human being. With an emphasis on the D for Demented.

13 Responses to Let It Rain, Let It Rain, Let It Rain!

1. Moi says:

Rain is good, I like the picture. And yeah Trump is embarrassing you guys, he needs to just go away, like now.

Liked by 1 person

2. prior2001 says:

Hey – super cool photo from the highway – and these one of the mi d moody photos are some of my favs! Also the family collage says it all – love how u put them all together like that – I am going to check out the article too – and when it comes to D- my first thought is that I think the late show has too many Trump jokes – enough already! However – I watched the clip and this was good – I like when Stewart gets into character and his talent is still there (I did. It watch his show all the time – but once saved one of his “raps” to show students. Anyhow – he really captured trump’s gestures and tone – the second thing is that I do. It think anyone so controversial has a chance to be the candidate – the polls mean so little right now – kinda like the NFL teams – being 10 and 0 right now does not mean Super Bowl – and the year the Giants went with only 8 wins (I think) – anyhow – I truly am curious to see what the next leader can do – hm mm

Thanks. I was taking a big risk taking the photo with one hand and driving with the other. I know! It’s not safe and I could have been caught. I had one shot of the view and I quickly took it. I did not get to see the photo until I got home.

Love Stewart and Colbert. Such talented people. As for D, well….

Liked by 1 person

3. A rambling, disheveled lunatic. A fringe fruitcake, as we say in my family. People sure love their train wrecks. Can you imagine it, President Trump? I shudder to think it really could happen. I shudder worse at people that hang on every word he says. People that agree with every word he says without considering how grossly under qualified he is. My temples are starting to throb.
    And yay for your rain, I know you must feel like rainy weather forgot about you. We go through it in the south in the summer.

Liked by 1 person

There’s a movement here to not even acknowledge any reports from the media about him. No likes on social media even if the article is critical of the buffoon. It’s to discourage media from reporting about him at all.

4. Yes, I know that California has needed rain for a long time. Hopefully it’s been coming since you wrote this post. On the other hand I come from a place where would like to have a little bit less rain… Lovely thanksgiving photos, by the way.

Liked by 1 person

Lovely Thanksgiving Pictures, Mary-Ann. Thanks for sharing!

Liked by 1 person

This is such a good article. i only know a little about the buffoon , but its enough to wonder why on earth the American people give him the time of day!

Liked by 1 person

I have vowed after this to not even “like” any critique of this clown’s presence in any news form. I have decided after this mention in my post, I will no longer acknowledge anything he does. This after he vowed not to leave the race.