I was listening to an interview of Chris Hadfield, the Canadian-born astronaut, who chronicles his life in space and shares it with his followers. His cover version of David Bowie’s song, “Space Oddity,” has been viewed more than 19,110,729 times to date on YouTube. He even got Mr. Bowie’s cosmic nod! I
‘m a great fan of the song, among many David Bowie songs. Mr. Hadfield’s rendition in outer space takes it to a completely new level!
This is one proud moment for Canadians! Here is a hero, much to be admired and emulated.
Juxtapose this against the now infamous Toronto Mayor, Rob Ford, who has continued to sail from one media disaster to another, antagonizing government officials, frustrating and embarrassing a lot of Toronto residents over the recent exposure of drug abuse, alcoholism, prostitution, lies, and more lies. His latest apology for an obscene comment about oral sex seemed like it was blurted out in an inebriated spaced-out haze! Did you see how his wife looked so uncomfortable during his apology? He certainly got his stinky foot in his mouth with that one!
This nightmare just will not go away quietly. Maybe Chris Hadfield needs to take Mr. Ford aside and talk some sense to him. It’s as though Rob Ford is little Jimmy caught noisily playing with an expensive piece of space equipment in the middle of Chris Hadfield’s speech about what he learned living in space. Sheesh!
Please do at least one decent kind act: Resign already!
- Astronaut Chris Hadfield Plays Not My Job (npr.org)
- An Astronaut’s Guide To Life On Earth By Col. Chris Hadfield (radioalice.cbslocal.com)
- What does space smell like? Astronaut Chris Hadfield answers your questions (pbs.org)
- Astronaut Chris Hadfield critiques Bullock’s new flick ‘Gravity’ (irishexaminer.com)
- Space Oddity From Space Is Just Plain Beautiful (buzzfeed.com)