Consciousness gradually fades in as she slowly becomes aware of her surroundings, one sense at a time. The smooth sheets, the warm embrace of her body’s heat sequestered by the blankets. In the distance, a bird flies by. Her eyes sense the daylight through closed lids. They slowly flutter open. She stirs, ever so slowly. Then the body stretches and unfolds, a muscle at a time. She looks around the room and takes a long deep breath. She rolls on her side and her eyes rest on him as he quietly sleeps. His even breathing. How peaceful he looks. She knew instantly that the day would be all right.
I had written this post before for a 100-word challenge but it seems fitting for Daily Post’s Weekly Photo Challenge: Good Morning!
- Blessed Are Those Who Awaken to the Rain (cynthiasmeyer.wordpress.com)
- The weekly photochallenge: Good morning (landmark97.com)
- Good Morning (findinglife4me.wordpress.com)
- Good Morning from Ireland! |Weekly Photo Challenge (ireland-ms.com)
- I’m sorry but I really miss home. (fearlesschatters.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Good Morning (scottseyephotos.wordpress.com)
- A Morning Cuppa (theurgetowander.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Good Morning! (flickrcomments.wordpress.com)