Peering Inside Windows

Whenever we travel, I like looking at what’s inside a lot of shops. I enjoy looking at what retailers do to present an inviting spread, a novel idea, or simply an expression of their creativity. Here are some more recent finds:

While walking around Vienna's Jewish Section, I chanced upon this floral "A." Vienna, Austria, Summer 2013, Photo Credit (c) Likeitiz

While walking around Vienna’s Jewish Section, I chanced upon this floral “A.” Vienna, Austria, Summer 2013, Photo Credit (c) Likeitiz

While passing a very modern-looking laundry and dry cleaning establishment, I chanced upon their window display of old irons. Vienna, Austria, Summer 2013, Photo Credit (c) Likeitiz

Inspired by the Weekly Photo Challenge: Inside

This entry was posted in Austria, DPChallenge, Old Irons, Travel, Uncategorized, Vienna, Weekly Photo Challenge and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to Peering Inside Windows

1. Pingback: A Study in Geometry (Series) – Alhambra, Granada, Spain | alternative.reality

2. ristinw says:

Love the pictures!!! It felt like in a dream! 😀

3. seeker says:

And what did you buy?

4. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Inside (4) | Through the Eye of Bastet

5. I also enjoy looking in shop windows when I travel. As I recall there were some great ones in Vienna. Lovely photos!

6. frizztext says:

yes, we are searching for “an expression of their creativity”!

7. Amy says:

Beautiful shots! I really like the first one 🙂

8. djmatticus says:

The old irons in the window would be enough to entice me inside. If I lived there and ever had need for a laundry place, that’s the one I’d use.

I like your awareness of good design in window displays. My favourite is the one of the old irons. Of course what makes these images interesting is the interaction between the display and the reflected outside.

10. Love the window display. Creative, unique, really artistic. Have a great day my friend and have a fun window shopping.

I don’t really enjoy “window shopping” as my mother and my mother-in-law liked to do when I had to take them to the mall. I always ended up sitting somewhere among the plants to read my book until they were done. It’s always with the pretext of “window shopping” which I associate with “browsing.” But we somehow always ended up going home with bags full of stuff. 🙂

11. I just nominated you for a Liesbter Award. Please click on the link to see more information:

12. The Hook says:

That first shot is amazing!

13. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Inside, #2: A flubbed double | Rob's Surf Report

14. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Inside, #1: What’s in my head? | Rob's Surf Report