In My Life

One of my friends took the time to create this collage of our pictures when we were in High School and posted it on her Facebook page. When I saw it, I knew I wanted to keep a memory of it.

Assumption High School Section 6,1976 Friends, (c) Likeitiz

Assumption High School Section 6,1976 Friends, (c) Likeitiz

We were all so young, bright-eyed and bush-tailed, as they say.  Over the years, we have all gone our separate ways, but still somehow connected by having gone to this small high school surrounded by a residential subdivision.  Some now live in Europe, the United States, various parts of Asia, Africa, and some have stayed in Manila.  There are also those who have long left our world.  We do our best to still include them in our conversations.

Here’s a favorite Beatles song to go with the memories:

There are places I remember
All my life though some have changed
Some forever not for better
Some have gone and some remain
All these places have their moments
With lovers and friends I still can recall
Some are dead and some are living
In my life I’ve loved them all

But of all these friends and lovers
There is no one compares with you
And these memories lose their meaning
When I think of love as something new
Though I know I’ll never lose affection
For people and things that went before
I know I’ll often stop and think about them
In my life I love you more

This post was inspired by the Weekly Photo Challenge by Cheri Lucas: Nostalgic. She wrote:  Sometimes, we long for the past: for moments we want to remember or recapture. The good times. The golden years. Or perhaps we’re homesick, or longing for something — or someone — that might have been.  Go see what others have done at their sites!

Related:

This entry was posted in Beatles, Childhood Memories, Friendship, High School Friends, Memories, Music, Weekly Photo Challenge, Wordpress Community and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to In My Life

1. Pingback: Photography and Free Verse: Nostalgia | Bastet and Sekhmet

Wow. How cool is this!?! Love the Beatles song too. 🙂

3. i love that song. i love the pictures. what a great post.

4. Jeni says:

I’m going to have that Beatles tune in my head all night. I (non-sarcastically) thank you for that!

5. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Nostalgic | Denis Danze Photographe Freelance

6. seeker says:

40 years had gone by our high school days. I did not keep in touch with anyone when I went to University and left PI. I am glad you are still in communication with your friends.

Two things happened: A good friend battled cancer and lost in 2011. My work has been taking me to Manila a little more often than usual in the last two years. I think I talked about it here: http://wp.me/sYeWf-saudade

I thought I had lost touch with them. It has been such a relief and a pleasure to rekindle old ties. I hope you’ll one day have the pleasure too.

7. This is awesome! What a great thing to have as a memory of you all.

8. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Nostalgic (Escher) | What's (in) the picture?

9. ristinw says:

Wow! Precious memory! 😀

10. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Nostalgic | blogagaini

Perfect, and I love the song.

12. Iñigo says:

nostalgic indeed 🙂

13. Pingback: Photography and Poetry: Nostalgia | Bastet and Sekhmet

14. Memories from our high school days are almost always nostalgic. I like that Beatles’ song too.

15. Pingback: 7-6-13 Weekly Photo Challenge: Nostalgic (Smith College Edition) | The Quotidian Hudson

16. Madelaine says:

Love that song…..a little bittersweet though.