We were exploring Florence’s vibrant town center around the Duomo when we came across some artists painstakingly creating an image on the street with colored chalk or maybe pastels. They had a photograph of a Madonna that they were copying onto the pavement but at a magnification of probably 1000 times the size.
We’ve seen these in various parts of Europe every now and then. It makes for amazing observation of talent, perseverance, and a keen eye for detail. The work when completed is just beautiful. Is it their way of showcasing their talent? Get people interested in their more portable creations on canvas or paper, perhaps? Or is it just for the heck of it?
Whatever their reason, they are an amazing bunch of creative people. Their creation has serves to amaze, uplift, even cheer up pedestrians. Who knows, maybe they made someone’s day, huh?
We know the image will fade easily. We know it will get washed away in the rain or with street cleaning. But for the time it’s there, it’s a celebration of what beauty we as a people today are capable of.
This post is in response to Cheri’s Weekly Photo Challenge: Fleeting. Do go see what others have posted.
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Fleeting (jenmonje.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Fleeting (momentsinyourlife.wordpress.com)
- Under The Tuscan Rain (mselenalevontraveling.com)
- Weekly photo challenge: Fleeting… (sherrygaley.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Fleeting (trishadm.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Fleeting (thekreativecorner.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Fleeting (memorycatcher.me)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Fleeting (nwframeofmind.com)
- Sprinting Dog | Weekly Photo Challenge: Fleeting (mattsden101.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Fleeting (schelleycassidy.wordpress.com)