This week’s Daily Post Photo Challenge is “In The Background.” I looked at my stockpile of photos and found some good ones but when I went to FRIZZTEXT‘s interpretation of the challenge, I was inspired!
We all get too comfortable with our pets that they are ubiquitous in our lives. We sometimes walk over them when they’re laying down. Or when they decide to “lounge” in, say, the family room, we sometimes shut the lights or the doors without considering they’re there! We don’t see them anymore. They have become part of the furniture!
Since last night, Beau has been relegated to the entrance of our bedroom. My hubby had a procedure done and needs to rest without the dog coming at him wanting to play, wrestle, snuggle, or even lie with him. And so, I have laid out some blankets at the door. I decided not to drag his bed there because he might just get too comfy and assume it’s business as usual and…..
Since last night, it’s been like pulling teeth trying to even get him to go out for a walk or eat or do his business under the Redwoods. I would have to call repeatedly, forcefully at times, even cajole, and bribe with a treat.
We think he’s trying to be the guard dog his breed is programmed to be. Well, based on these photos, he’s not about to convince anyone, huh?
- Guard dog (rubytheblacklabrador.wordpress.com)
- ‘Man’s best friend to the end’: Dog stands watch over owner’s body in tornado wreckage (wave3.com)
- Dog Found Standing Guard Over a Tornado Victim Reunited With Her Owner (dog-gonnit.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: In The Background (joyandwoe.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: In the Background (schelleycassidy.wordpress.com)
- Bus Station | Weekly Photo Challenge: In the Background (mattsden101.wordpress.com)