Hooray! This is a milestone for treatment options for diseases that plague humankind. I have always been a staunch advocate of stem cell research and I applaud and cheer on our scientists for the work they have painstakingly taken on in spite of political, religious, and whatever bigoted backlash they have received over the past 20 years.
Can we all just revel in the milestone for once and not start to parse the moral and religious issues from the ultra-conservative god-knows-how-extreme right?
This is really a landmark event!!!
- Stem cells recovered from cloned human embryos (onlineathens.com)
- Human embryonic stem cells are cloned (usatoday.com)
- Advance in medical human ‘cloning’ (bbc.co.uk)
- Researchers successfully convert human skin cells into embryonic stem cells (phys.org)
- Breakthrough: stem cells from a cloned embryo (theage.com.au)