A month ago, Shammee “pinged” me for the Liebster Blog award. When I saw it, I was thrilled! I started dancing my Snoopy jig all over again. (I seem to be doing this quite often these days. Beau must be forever mystified!) But I’ve been traveling a lot and I really wanted to give Shammee’s 11 questions some thought.
First of all, Shammee, thank you for the honor. I love visiting your blog. I did not realize how great it is to have engineering students as significant others. You have opened my eyes. I will tell my daughter she has to consider…..
Now, here are the 11 questions Shammee wanted me to answer:
1. What is your favorite thing to do? I go hiking with my hubby and our dog mostly around the Bay Area. I write a post. I read your blog posts. I putter around our house rearranging things, cooking, baking, gardening. I meet up with friends, go for a meal, catch up. I read books. I travel, travel, travel….And when we do travel, we walk and hike a lot.
2. What is your most memorable moment? When our daughter, Lara, was born. Louie was sitting beside my stretcher in the recovery room and he was holding her in his arms, talking to her. He was exhausted from being up all night with me in the delivery room. But he told me he could not put her down. He just held her for as long as he could. It was love at first sight!
3. What is the story of your first crush? I don’t remember. I’m honestly drawing a blank! Who was this guy? Must not be memorable, huh?
4. When were you really scared to death? I don’t scare easily. Sorry.
5. What is the most silly thing you have tried? I tried to steal a piece of printed stationary in a store. (1 piece out of a box!) I was so bad at it I ended up putting everything back and walking out of the store all sweaty and shaking. So much for training to be a bank robber or a Bonnie to a Clyde.
6. Which is your favorite destination? That’s a tough one. I have a lot of favorites. We spend a Spring week every year religiously in Cabo San Lucas. It has become an established ritual that we will not give up. I enjoyed the villa where we stayed in Tuscany. There is this two bedroom apartment we rented in the Marais district on the 4th Arrondissement. It was very comfortable and well situated. I cooked many breakfasts in that apartment. The kitchen was so smartly laid out. The windows were large and the views were just so Paris!
7. Do you believe in supernatural beings? No. Although I do enjoy a good Sci Fi flick or the Lord of the Rings Series and the like.
8. Who is your role model and why? Hard to say if there was one person who was. I tended to gravitate towards a person I admired and I would try to emulate the feature I admired in him/her. I guess you can say, I’m the product of the people I’ve met!
9. Do you believe in destiny? That’s a loaded question. While I do believe that our lives are what we make of it, that our choices and decisions help shape our lives significantly, there are also many aspects to it that are because of chance. And luck. Just like being in the right place and the right time.
10. What are your strengths and weaknesses? Strength: I can be quite passionate and persistent when I have a goal I want to achieve. Weakness: I don’t like to give up on what I’m passionate about and it’s not easy for me to accept when I should walk away from it because I think I have failed.
11. Which is your favorite quote? The impossible just takes a little longer.
Wow! These were tough questions. Enough of me. Now for the rest of you!
Rules for the Liebster Blog Award:
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Pingback to their blog’s About page.
- Nominate 11 bloggers who have less than 200 followers so you can spread the word about how awesome they are. (Nah! I’ll nominate who I enjoy!)
- Ask them to answer your 11 questions and nominate 11 bloggers.
So, here are my nominees:
- What is the one thing that would irritate the hell out of you?
- What would you say to someone who asks you when you’re due but you’re not pregnant? Or if you’re a guy, to someone who looks at you and your infant son and says, “your grandson?”
- Why is Jimmy Fallon so great?
- Describe your favorite space.
- Favorite quote you live by.
- What would you do if your significant other forgot your anniversary?
- What would you say if your best bud’s older brother suddenly grabbed your butt at a party?
- What was the worst intro (making a pass) remark someone ever made to you?
- What’s your best childhood memory about?
- What are you most proud of about yourself?
- What is the number one reason why Sarah Silverman left Jimmy Kimmel?
I hope you don’t take these too seriously!