I remembered today to post my entry for the Weekly Photo Challenge: Lunchtime.
We decided to go to La Boulange in our little downtown this morning. It was a lazy Sunday for us. We contemplated on taking Beau for a walk later in the morning in another park for a change. But, I was imagining the pastries, the coffee, the food.
First, we tackled the pastries with the bowl of coffee. I had ordered their almond croissant and hubby ordered the apple tart. My croissant was flaky and covered in shaved almonds. It was also filled moderately with almond paste. The apple tart was on a shortbread crust. there was a thin layer of custard at the bottom. The apples were appropriately sweet and tart for contrast.
I had ordered an Omelet de Paris with mesclun greens and very rustic bread. The omelet was folded over its filling of ham, spinach, and Gruyère cheese. So good!
My hubby had a sandwich made from brioche with something like a Quiche with ham, tomatoes, and some Gruyère. They gave him some Romesco sauce on the side and a bowl of fresh fruits.
I know what you’re thinking. The challenge was for lunchtime. But we woke up so early today, before the sun was out. This was our lunch!
- 10 Irresistible Paris Pastries (and where to eat them) (theflyingfugu.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge – Lunchtime!!! Mmm!!! (katharinetrauger.wordpress.com)
- The Best Croissants This Side of Paris (dmwineline.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Lunchtime (trishadm.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Lunchtime (aboutgivingandreceiving.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Lunchtime (beijingcityphoto.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Lunchtime! (windagainstcurrent.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Lunchtime (writingcanvas.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Lunchtime (jinancitydailyphoto.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Lunchtime (klling.wordpress.com)