Last Friday, the DPChallenge was to create a post about our neighborhood. We decided to walk through the neighborhood this morning in celebration of Daylight Saving Time, which started promptly a t 0200h while we were all fast asleep!
It was still early so there were not too many people on the streets yet. We donned our walking shoes and clipped Beau’s harness in place. We headed for the walkway along the local school.
Our town is a running, walking, animal frolicking kind of town. It’s easy enough to see why. The place is very pretty, with gently curving streets, alternating paved and unpaved sidewalks, and lots of foliage. We have a lot of streets lined with tall eucalyptus trees that give out this very pleasant cool scent. I once told a friend that if I was blindfolded going home, I would know from the scent of the trees that I was close to home.
We went past the school grounds of North Elementary School. It was still quiet. But a few cars were parked. There may be a game later.
We went past the golf course and headed for our little downtown.
The downtown was a-buzz, with people walking around or having brunch. We decided to stop for coffee.
Soon, it was time to head back. We made our way to El Camino Real and crossed the street to head back home.
We passed the school again, but this time, there were more people.
It was almost noon by the time we reached our house. That was fun!
Every time we walk around our neighborhood, our love for our home and its environs is only reinforced more and more.
*Camera used: iPhone 4S, Edits on Camera+
- Phoneography Challenge: My Neighborhood (pilotfishblog.com)
- Phoneography Challenge: My Neighborhood (klling.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge / Phoneography Challenge : My Neighborhood (iiteeeestudents.wordpress.com)
- Phoneography Challenge: My Neighborhood (belgradestreets.com)
- Phoneography Challenge: My Neighborhood (joeowensblog.wordpress.com)
- Phoneography Challenge: My Neighborhood (angelinem.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenges: My Neighbourhood (canal 2) (chrisbreebaart.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: My Neighbourhood (canal 3) (chrisbreebaart.wordpress.com)
- Phoneography Challenge: My Neighborhood (thepanamaadventure.com)
- Phoneography Challenge: My Neighborhood (onetrackmuse.com)
- Daily Prompt: Home Sweet Home