Daily Prompt: Places

Today’s WordPress Daily Prompt asks for Places:  Beach, mountain, forest, or somewhere else entirely?

It was early Saturday morning, and the family just had to go for a hike along the beach.

Beau pauses from running around Fort Funston (c) photo credit Louie Ortiz-Luis

Beau pauses from running around Fort Funston (c) photo credit Louie Ortiz-Luis

The temperatures have warmed up a bit in the last two days. But the morning arrived with some low fog and some mist to kiss our cheeks.

Beau surveys the view a-top one hill (c) photo credit Louie Ortiz-Luis

Beau surveys the view a-top one hill (c) photo credit Louie Ortiz-Luis

The views are no less beautiful on the California coast.

Beau on top to view the Pacific (c) Photo Credit Louie Ortiz-Luis

Beau on top to view the Pacific (c) Photo Credit Louie Ortiz-Luis

Have a good weekend, everyone!

This entry was posted in Califorina, Daily Post Challenge, dog, Dog Park, Fort Funston, Great Dane, Writing and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to Daily Prompt: Places

1. Jessie says:

After you commented on my blog I of course had to come check out your Dane. What a gorgeous guy! We loved our time with ours and I loved looking at your pictures it, brought back many memories. Thanks for taking the time to comment.

Can I ask how many years your Dane lived?

• Jessie says:

She was seven. She had a skin cancer that will metastasize to internal organs. We had many moles and things snipped off that year and she was active and happy up until the last two weeks. Here are some of my favorite pictures of her from earlier that year: http://behindthewillows.com/2011/02/03/snow-dog/

It wasn’t long enough… but it never is with dogs… and it’s always worth it anyway. We’ll get another Dane when our girls get a little taller. Piper was great with the kids but I remember her awkward puppy adolescent stages and she would have squished them just because she didn’t know where her back end was! 🙂

Always worth it.

2. Pingback: This Dog! | Not the Family Business!

3. Malou says:

Beautiful pictures, Mary-Ann. Beau is such a charmer. 😉

4. beautiful pictures. i too choose beach. i have lived all of my adult live within 20 minutes of a beach and can’t imagine otherwise. timely too as my daughter if flying back to california from melbourne and that should be the view from her window in the plane right about now.

5. Pingback: Daily prompt – Places | Joe's Musings

6. A view so beautiful time stands still.

7. writetowag says:

Lovely pictures…Beau has it made!!!!

8. snati001 says:

I love the pictures. They make me smile. I live in San Diego and also enjoy hiking on the beach with my dog, a papillon-mix 😀

9. sued51 says:

I love the second photo…striking!

10. WordsFallFromMyEyes says:

Gorgeous photos – your dog is a star 🙂

Uriah Faber comes from Cali – my son admires him heaps, in martial arts. Ah, that fresh air…

11. Love this! Its similar to my thoughts on the matter…and what beautiful scenery!

12. Mr. Atheist says:

Nice! I love California; mostly for the weather (or lack of weather).

13. Pingback: Daily Prompt: Places | My Atheist Blog

14. Pingback: Beach, Mountain, Forest… or simply Rio de Janeiro? | Travel Making Kai :)

15. Pingback: Daily Post: Places | Tommia's Tablet