Weekly Photo Challenge: Unique

Wood Toy Shop, Cannes, France

Wood Toy Shop, Cannes, France

Here’s my contribution to the Weekly Photo Challenge: Unique:

We live in a very tech-dependent and tech-driven society. It’s not a bad thing. I’m all for the best in Science and Tech. But when I see something that harkens back to the simpler, more innocent days of our parents and grandparents, I can’t help but wax nostalgic.

I came across this stall when we were walking through one of the quaint pedestrian walkways in Cannes last summer. When I saw this on display at the door, I was transported back to my childhood. This image against all our gadgetry these days is surely unique!

This entry was posted in Cannes, DPChallenge, France, Travel and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to Weekly Photo Challenge: Unique

1. litadoolan says:

I think the hand crafted wooden toys will outlast the techno toys in terms of popularity! So beautiful to think some other person made this by hand so that others can enjoy it. It’s a rare connection. Lovely joyful photo.

Liked by 1 person

2. ristinw says:

Beautiful lady Pinochiu! 😀

Liked by 1 person

3. eof737 says:

Wonderful choice. 🙂

4. One of my favorite cartoons as a kid as Pinochio. It also has a great moral lesson in the end. I do miss the simply yet fun, creative toys of the past. Now, everything is high tech and a lot of them don’t even involve kids socializing during play. Great post.

Liked by 1 person

5. WordsFallFromMyEyes says:

Hugely unique – I love it!! 🙂

6. we’re lucky-we can keep a foot in both worlds for now.

7. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Unique Candle, Really? | Humbled Pie

8. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Unique | Rebecca Barray

Great picture, makes me smile a lot. Thanks for sharing!

10. Pingback: 2-2-13 Weekly Photo Challenge: Unique « The Quotidian Hudson

11. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Unique (Shere Shoot The Holiday) « What's (in) the picture?

12. Indeed very nostalgic 🙂

13. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Unique Gold Car – Vibrant Gujarat 2013 | My.Vivid.Visions

14. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Unique (water protection) « What's (in) the picture?

15. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Unique (Chartres Cathedral) « What's (in) the picture?

16. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Unique (Yemen Landscape) « What's (in) the picture?

17. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Unique, there are only two Giant Pandas in the Southern Hemisphere | Fasting, Food and other musings by determined34

18. GingerSnaap says:

Love the simple things in life!
    Thanks for the pingback!

I agree with you, high tech is not bad. But there is still something very magic about those old mechanical or wooden toys. Cool shot.

20. Wonderful isn’t it – I saw something similar in Italy.

So cool! I want to go in this shop. 🙂