Did I Tell You How Much I Love My Bed?

Precious Bed, Comfy Bed (c) photo credit Likeitiz

I’ve been travelling quite a bit these past few months. It looks like things will not wind down until well into October, if I’m lucky.  It’s mostly for work.  We’ve been zipping in and out of cities near and far.  Well, not near enough to drive, however.  Sometimes, we get to visit with relatives but more often, we’ve been crashing into various hotels.  Most have come a long way to make travelers more comfortable, with choices on mattress and pillow firmness, temperature controls, soft thick towels, free wi-fi, water, water, water, the odd  freshly baked cookie, to name a few.  But there’s still nothing like my own bed in my room.  My hubby admits to the same.

Don’t get me wrong. I love to travel. It’s one of my favorite indulgences. Part of the joy of traveling is coming back to familiar surroundings. The bedside table with the trusty reading lamp.  The fluffed up pillows with just the right amount of firmness. The partially open window at night to let the fresh cool soft breeze in. And waking up to the sound of birds outside is such joy!

"In Bed" (1893) by Henri de Toulouse...

“In Bed” (1893) by Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec, a Parisian who employed the association between lesbianism and prostitution (Photo credit: Wikipedia)

I love my bed.  I look forward to easing my weary body under the covers, setting my alarm and turning off the lamp.  I swing across for a kiss and the rest is zzzzzzzzzzz……..

We all need our little sanctuary where everything is too familiar and every inch of space is forever committed to memory.

P.S. I promise to be more conscientious with my posts and reading yours.  Soon!

Links: Daily Prompt: Oasis

Related:

Daily Prompt: Home Sweet Home

This entry was posted in Bed, Comfortable bed and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Did I Tell You How Much I Love My Bed?

1. moi says:

I would love my bed too if it were more comfortable :P

Augh! What’s wrong with your current bed?

• moi says:

We bought a new mattress about a year ago, its hard, too hard, we thought it would give a bit but it hasn’t, it was a fair amount of money so I cannot get rid off.

Ive just ordered a topper, so hopefully that will cure it.

Although firm mattresses are good for your back, if it’s too hard, your body tends to have pressure points that will ache over time. I hope the topper will help.

2. Pingback: Haiku: The Oasis Within… » The Blog Farm

3. eof737 says:

It looks like an inviting bed for rest… Great oasis. ;-)

4. Pingback: Haiku: The Oasis Within… | Mirth and Motivation

5. There is nothing like the perfect place to rest your head!

I agree with you. Travelling is one of the great inspirations for me, too. But coming home puts it all in perspective, and, yes absolutely; nothing like coming home. Sleep well, and be rested for the next adventure!

There’s nothing like coming home to your own bed after you’ve been traveling. I love mine too! I’m almost a grumpy old maid about it –I hate hotel beds –nothing can compare to mine. :)

8. I love my bed too. It’s not just the right firmness of the mattress, nor the fluffy pillows, nor the comfy blanket. It’s more than that. It is home.